25 April 2010

I don't believe it

I decided to try and complete an entire quilt this weekend, including the quilting. Usually I finish the top and then leave it for a while.It is a 3 day weekend and I found a great quick pattern with very easy quilting instructions included.Here it is. Welcome Spring by Cherri House over at Moda Bakeshop. It went together very quickly. I pieced the back ready and went to get the batting and guess what. I only have warm and natural and I really want to use a white batting so I am stuck. How typical.
Detail shot of the fabric. It is Pack your bags by Arrin Turnmire. I used the blue and green strips in a bag and thought the left over pinks were perfect for this quilt.

2 comments:

  1. I love this quilt... I may need to make this one too. Too bad about the warm and natural.. I only buy Warm and White now since I am using so much white KONA...
    Had a great time in Paducah!! Watch for a post soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this quilt. The uneven color parts of the quilt make your eyes go over the whole quilt to see it all. Wonderful, great job, well done. Love the colors as well.
    Paducah was the best. Nancy and I had a great time. A post is in the near future.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete