02 October 2017

October Goal

One of my brothers is a huge Hawthorne supporter so I decided to make him a quilt in their colours which unfortunately are brown and yellow.

I planned to make an Irish Chain quilt because I have been wanting to make one in two colours for a while. But there was a good chance it would be an ugly quilt with those two colours!!!

Then I saw his team playing an away game in white jerseys with a little brown and yellow and the jerseys looked nice. So I thought why not make a mainly white quilt. Then I remembered this pattern in Love Patchwork and Quilting. This is the only magazine I always buy. I love it and I think one day I should make one quilt from each issue.


Here is a test block and I think it will look great. I will need to take this quilt to Perth next time I go so I am going to make it my October Goal.
Liking to  OMG at Elm Street Quilts.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love the yellow with the black and brown :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a great quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete